Attended an event hosted by Found8, as part of its fireside chat series with leading VCs in Singapore. Founded in 2011 by James Tan and Yunming Wang in Beijing, Quest Ventures is arguably a well-respected and known seed/series-A VC in Singapore that focuses on technology investments in the Southeast Asia region.
Some of the key questions that were aimed to be covered were:
- What Quest looks for when making an investment into a startup
- Investment thesis of your new fund and how that differs from the previous fund
- A startup’s journey from early-stage to growth stage in Singapore (drawing on James’s and Quest’s long-term experience in growing the startups in our country)
- Lessons learned from startups that have failed
- Tips and tricks for the startups looking to raise from Quest and more